Friday, August 14, 2009

Sewing Room Facelift

A while ago, I cut a bunch of branches from one of the many lilac bushes in our back yard. I made an arrangement to go over the window, but the window still felt like it was missing something. So, the other day I cut another (much longer) branch off of the bush and spray painted it dark brown, just as I had the others. We had some extra sheers hanging around- thanks to the bathroom makeover- and ta-da now our sewing room has been beautified :)







I had embroidered this little hoop some time ago (idea taken from Soule Mama) and thought it would look cute hanging from the window.  I think it does the trick! 

The pictures were taken when the sun was setting, so the light in the room isn't very bright- which made the walls look really dark. The color is most lifelike in the picture with the hanging hoop.  


And here's a picture of Sheeba just for fun. She likes to look at herself in the mirror!

2 comments:

  1. That's such a cute idea! It looks really great, you're doing a fabulous job with all of the decorating! :) Lots of birdie inspiration, hehe

    ReplyDelete