Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Quilted Map

So, Chris and I were in the fabric store (one of my favorite places to go -yes, he agreed to go :) ) and he saw some map fabric that he really liked.  He knew I had the same fabric at home and we started talking about what I could do with it.  Then he asked me if I would make it into a wall hanging for his classroom.  How could I resist? I outlined a lot of the states -mostly the square ones because they were easier. I also added some waves in the ocean and outlined some of the mountains.


I bought the fabric probably two years ago with the intention of making a baby blanket, but after I got it home, I changed my mind.  I'm satisfied with the way it turned out and think it will look great hanging in my honey's classroom.  

2 comments:

  1. That's so cool, Leslie!! What a great idea for a classroom. What grade is Chris teaching??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Terrible Third! Haha, but really.... He hung it up before the kids got there one morning. He said they started walking over to it, looking at it :)

    ReplyDelete