Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Welcome, Autumn

Well, Autumn is here and I'm so glad that it is. The leaves are changing colors, the weather is starting to cool, and good fall food is being made.

Here are some pictures of yummy dinner's I've been making. Breakfast for dinner-A Hyder favorite. I made some lemonade, pancakes, bacon, peach sauce, and hashbrowns with peppers and onions! This was the first time I made pancakes all by myself. We have a huge pancake spatula (wedding gift) and it worked so nicely-I felt like a pro!


A close-up of the hashbrowns:
I also cooked up some beef stew one Sunday afternoon. This bad boy took 2 1/2 hours to cook! This was really my first time cooking with beef (give me a break, I was a vegetarian for a LONG time). I thought the beef was going to come out hard as a rock, but it was surprisingly and deliciously tender. I drained some of the extra sauce and put it over the dog's food :)
I also made some yummy garlic bread to accompany this meal.
Mama's recipe for chicken pot pie...Chris really loves this, so I try to make it frequently.



Being a wife is so much fun and I love having someone to cook for! I love cooking for Chris + he loves eating = happy house.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Everything looks so delicious, especially that chicken pot pie! It could be in a magazine! Could you possibly share that recipe with me? I would love some new things to try cooking for the new bf :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'll e-mail it :) It is soooooooo good!

    ReplyDelete